Sunday, March 27, 2011

3-26-11

I can't believe I didn't take more pictures at EdCampOmaha. I had my iPhone, a digital camera, my Flip cam - they all just sat in my bag. Was I too overwhelmed by the activities of the day or just shy?

I had never attended an EdCamp before and honestly didn't know what to expect.

I certainly didn't expect cookies homemade by Kyle Pace's mom!

Unfortunately, the inclement weather kept a few folks away, but the crowd was enthusiastic and so engaged.

I intended to just take it all in, but when a table full of parochial school educators said they wanted to know about Google Apps, @cyclone_alyssa and I overcame our nervousness and signed up to facilitate a session.

We started out by having everyone introduce themselves. I am SO glad we did that. While there were a fair share of newbies, several extremely knowledgeable Google apps users had come to the session and their input REALLY made it valuable. Thank you especially to Mr Mansour and two other participants whose names I didn't catch. (Are you on Twitter?)

One of the best parts of the day was meeting @bjplibrarian. Our 4th grade classes had Skyped in March to discuss state book award nominees. That face to face connection is really wonderful.


I loved the concept of EdCamp - decide what you want to learn and find someone to teach you. I want to do it at our school!


Thank you to everyone involved in making EdCampOmaha a reality!


(and thanks to VanMeter friends @shannonmmiller and @johncarver for the transportation and hospitality)


Its all about connections!

No comments:

Post a Comment