Monday, August 6, 2012

8-6-12

It wasn't easy to leave for work this morning. I would have loved to have just sat on the deck with a book and a cup of coffee.


But there is lots to do before school starts. At 9 am, I met with a group of teachers that were updating their web pages. 


I had several volunteers stop by to help with the stamping, labeling and taping of our new books. I trained them, supervised, answered questions and helped.


A great crew!


My friend Tama told me I had to stop by her classroom, that she had found something I said to her last year printed on a bulletin board sign. I was completely at a loss as to what it might be. 
What a neat surprise to see it.
"Today is a great day to learn something new."

What a wonderful connection.

It is moments like these that make it okay to forego the misty mornings of reading and hot java. 




No comments:

Post a Comment