Saturday, September 15, 2012

9-14-12


The last half of the 2011-12 school year, @erniec and I decided to set aside a half an hour weekly for what Ernie calls the "thinking tornado & collaborative whirlwind".  It isn't always easy to carve out that chunk of time, but I look forward to it. It never fails to be invigorating, energizing and thought-provoking. We compare notes on what is happening in our schools and libraries, plan activities together and discuss the larger issues of the school library landscape.

At the start of this school year, I've seen many queries on Twitter and email lists about putting together professional development plans. This is a strategy that costs nothing and stretches both my imagination and practice. It is an important part of my professional development plan.





No comments:

Post a Comment