Monday, October 29, 2012

10-29-12


This weekend, I caught Doug Johnson's blog post, "Six Biggest Library Annoyances and How to Fix Them" in my RSS feed. As usual, his writing was insightful, a bit provocative, humorous - and spot on.


Sunday, I cherry-picked a great quote and put it out on Twitter, where it hit a chord and was quickly picked up and retweeted.


This afternoon after school, I was getting ready to head out to do some supply shopping when tweets from an Australian school librarian started popping up in my TweetDeck. It felt a little personal, but we ended on a sweet note with my offer to help her weed and her counter-offer of hot tea and an apron.


Later, I was monitoring the #engsschat hashtag when one of the participants mentioned http://www.storiesinflight.com/flickrpoet/index.php. I quickly located a quote from Doug's post and experimented with how it might be illustrated with Flickr images.




Doug, you have no idea what an impact you have and the connections you help make!

No comments:

Post a Comment