Monday, December 10, 2012

12-10-12


In 3rd and 4th grades, we read and listened to information about online safety using the Rosen series of interactive ebooks, CyberSmarts. At the same time, 4th graders reviewed the Google Apps login procedure and 3rd graders sign on for the first time. Each student created a slide and shared it with me. I downloaded each slide as a .jpg and uploaded each classrooms slides into Animoto. We are just finishing up with the last classes.
Today, I met with two sections of Language Arts 7, as they start researching countries of the African continent. I had the students share one word about their feelings upon approaching this project and then  aggregated the results into a Wordle. To my surprise, most everyone is feeling pretty GOOD!


I shared the Model of the Information Search Process and talked about the highs and lows of doing research.

They had dipped their toes into a few sources on Friday, so I had them share their thoughts about that experience via Today's Meet. It was encouraging to see some of them already utilizing some of our high quality subscription databases.


No comments:

Post a Comment