Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12


The Dewey Decimal system is getting kind of beat up lately in #tlchat and the AASL email list. Many of my colleagues are switching to bookstore type classification or home grown systems. I totally understand the motivation behind organizing the collection in a kid friendly, browsable way, but I'm not yet on board with the full scale overhaul. When I spent the day at Barnes and Noble a couple weeks ago for our bookfair, it drove me crazy! I couldn't find a thing! The organization made no sense.

Looking just at the hours that would be required to convert, it isn't realistic to think that is in the near future for our collections. So, we are still doing the Dewey.

I put together this MentorMob playlist with a few learning tools and videos (yes, "The Dewey Rap is included!)

No comments:

Post a Comment