Sunday, December 9, 2012

12-9-12


Last week, I was one of a couple hundred educators fortunate enough to spend a day with Kevin Honeycutt. I took away so many ideas, big and small. 

One of the little, but powerful ideas was a phrase to get students to take their eyes off of their laptops during class time. 

In the past, I have had students place their fists on the keyboard and close the top on them. I had heard this called "fisting" but I just didn't like the term, so I didn't use it.

But I LOVE the phrase "Shark'em" and thought it would be fun to have a visual I could either bookmark or save on my desktop that I could easily bring up while asking students to concentrate on something other than their screens. I created it using an image from iClipArt for Schools and applying special effects in PicMonkey.

You can show the image, make a shark jam with two hands and also get their attention with the catchy "shark'em" phrase.

Feel free to use this and thank you Kevin!

No comments:

Post a Comment