Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1-30-13


Snow day. 

I took some time out to do laundry, clean the kitchen, make the bed and cook up a big batch of chicken-chile chowder, but mostly I worked on school stuff. It was a chance to get caught up on a few things and explore some sites, videos and tools that I have been meaning to get to.

I created a web site to help students creating Infographics. I'm collaborating with the Current Events teacher on Friday, but I'll share with a few others who have expressed an intereest in applying this concept in their classes.

I finished a couple of Symbaloo collections that I then embedded into the Infographics site. We have needed easy references for copyright friendly images and fun ways to create/mashup images for a long while. Because they are embeddable, I can continue to plug them in to sites where those links will be helpful.

I worked on the SHS and SCSD Media Service Facebook pages. I answered lots of email, added books to the book order and monitored the Twitter streams. I listened to several New York Times Book Review podcasts (highly recommend listening to Joe Quennan on his reading life) and watched a special about the crash of 1929 on the PBS iPad app. I went through links from the past couple Google Edcast podcasts I have listened to, found a great new blog (from

@MZimmer557 

subscribed to a few new YouTube channels and downloaded a couple of recommended apps.

Late start tomorrow. I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment