Wednesday, January 9, 2013

1-9-13


Before the holiday break, I started a 6th grade Science Astronomy research project with @traviskerkove

We began by talking about the Information Search Process and how we move through a continuum of feelings, including uncertainty, optimism, confusion and ending with a sense of accomplishment. We are nearing the last days and I have felt them all too!

One of the great things has been getting the 6th graders going with EasyBib. They have caught on pretty quickly and are now using their paraphrasing to write the narrative they will use for their presentation. To help illustrate the process, I did it too, from the research to the presentation. 

Today, I gave my Astronomy presentation five times and we had some good discussions about what works and what doesn't. I am really looking forward to seeing what they do with the image resources and the primarily textless slides.


No comments:

Post a Comment