Saturday, April 27, 2013

4-27-13


I've had a busy April and most of my weekends have been booked up with work related activities, but today I took a break from the computer and spent some time outside in the beautiful spring weather, picking up trash in the woods around our house before the poison ivy starts to take over. I came across an area covered with spiky brush, rusted tin cans and old bottles. I was just wondering how long the trash had been decomposing there (and estimating it was from about the seventies), when I saw this "calculator" buried half way in the dirt. I pulled it out and was surprised to see the date.


1958.
I wondered who George A Stevens was and I think I know, thanks to Google.  Chances are good he was a real estate agent from Waterloo who passed away late last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment