Saturday, October 19, 2013

10-18-13


The day started with at tweetup. It was really neat to meet some of the ILA people I follow and find new friends.





All the planning for the Rocking the Blog panel was done via email. I met Becky and Stephanie the day before the program. They did a fabulous job!







@shannonmmiller wasn't able to get a wifi signal in Canada to video conference in, but I had her slides, so I used the last 10 minutes of the program to talk about what a tremendous difference blogging has made to her school district and library program.



Here is a quick selfie with @plq123 and @c_sturgeon, past president and president-elect of IASL.



The conference concluded with a talk by Jean Thompson, the author of THE YEAR WE LEFT HOME, the All Iowa Reads book for 2013.


Behind the scenes for the whole conference - DMS keeping things running smoothly (and making me a duplicate name tag Friday morning!)







No comments:

Post a Comment