Monday, November 11, 2013

11-11-13

I spent a good share of October embedded in Mr Kerkove's  6th grade classroom collaborating with him on the Astronomy inquiry project. This was our 3rd year of partnering as I worked side by side with students during 16 class periods.

We started by exploring topics, looking at quality resources and then began creating citations and taking notes with EasyBib. The notes were then used as a basis of a narrative "script" for student presentations, all of which are posted on the web site I created to keep the project organized

Throughout the process, I commented on individual EasyBib notebooks and slides. Students were able to respond to me and ask questions via email, something new this year. 

I look forward to this opportunity to make connections: with students, critical thinking skills, online databases, proper attribution and the presentation basics and am already planning on steps we can take to improve the learning experience for the class of 2021.





No comments:

Post a Comment