Saturday, May 17, 2014

5-15-14


I've been working with the 5th grade Language Arts teachers on the Endangered Animals inquiry project. Students set up EasyBib accounts for tracking their sources, used the note taking function for collecting information and  composed their essay in Google Docs. Next, they will be using Thinglink to create a "touchable" collection of resources. 

I have a Thinglink Premium account, so I set up all 4 classrooms. On Thursday, students logged in for the first time and selected their images. Next we will be exploring additional search options, like use a Google operator (site:) with the country code to find links from the place where the animal actually lives. 

Thursday afternoon, I connected with Jennifer Zurawski (@tweets2jen) via Google Hangouts On Air. She answered a few questions I had about doing a school news program using GHOA. Mrs Coons and I are planning on putting together a news program for the last week of school at SMS. I think we will try one at Lakeview as well!




And another @tweets2jen connection. Lakeview ELP students are busy shooting video for our "Happy" video. We were inspired by this:


No comments:

Post a Comment