Friday, September 12, 2014

9-12-14


Denny Gruber, former Solon High School social studies teacher, stopped by the media center yesterday. I thought he wanted to chat about the book he has been working on since his retirement (it's about World War II). Over the years, he has gone from asking about writing software to figuring out what self-publishing site to select and it has been fun following his journey.

But he had actually been looking for me at Lakeview and then the high school to deliver an invitation and to let me know that I had been selected as the Optimist Club of Solon's Achievement in Education Award for 2014.    

I was shocked and honored. I certainly don't feel worthy, but I'll be happy to represent the district and my media services team. I couldn't do my job without the support of the administration and the media services team, Paula, Shari and Heather.

No comments:

Post a Comment